PhD, History (ABD) George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
We Take Fun Seriously: The Creation of the Video Game Industry in the United States (Tentative Dissertation Title)
- Major Field- US History
- Minor Fields- Digital History, 20th Century US History
M.A., Public History (Summer 2013) University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- M.A. Thesis “I Play to Beat the Machine: Masculinity and the Video Game Industry in the United States” Advisor- Amy Foster
B.A., History (Fall 2010) University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
Research Fields: Video Game History, Public History, Digital History, Museums and Exhibits, Gender and Technology, 20th Century US History, US History
- Summer Intern in Curatorial Department–National Air and Space Museum, 2017
- Second Language Testing Inc. Content Developer 2016
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship, George Mason University, 2015-
- Digital History Fellowship, Center for History and New Media, George Mason University, 2013-2015
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship, University of Central Florida, 2012-2013
- Poster: Teaching Graduate Students to Code, American Historical Association 2015
- Colloquium on Conferences, George Mason University, September 14, 2015.
- “What Can You Expect from a Guy in Charge of Joysticks?” The Masculine Realm and Video Games in the United States—Florida Conference of Historians, St. Augustine, Florida. Februrary 1st, 2014.
- Presentation to volunteers at the Public History Center-“Tips and Tricks on Teaching Grandma’s Attic”, October 2012.
- Presenter, “Public History Center Internship Showcase 2012”, December 2012.
- “Win the White House” for Teachinghistory.org
- “Budget Hero” for Teachinghistory.org
Digital History Work
- Assisted with 20th anniversary of Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media conference, November 14-15, 2014.
- Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media 20th Anniversary site, November 2014.Website development, as Digital Fellow with Amanda Regan and Jannelle Legg
- Producer for Digital Campus podcasts, 2013-2015.
- Organized Brown Bag at CHNM with Micki Kaufman to discuss digital methods and dissertations.
- Content creator for Histories of the National Mall
- Social media administrator for the site and collecting visitor metrics, Fall 2014.
- Edited and organized content for American Battle Monuments Commission, Spring 2015.
- Digital History support space assistant for fellow graduate students.
- Curator of “Georgetown” Exhibit for the Public History Center, Sanford, FL, 2013.
- Curator of “Long History of the African American Civil Rights Movement in Florida” for the Harry T. and Harriette V. Moore Cultural Complex, Mims, FL, 2011-2012.
- Curator of “Preservation of Mid-Century Modern Architecture” for the Sixth Annual James Gamble Rogers II Colloquium on Historic Preservation, Winter Park, FL, April 2012.
- Preserving and organizing historical collections in the Public History Center (Sanford Student Museum), Sanford, FL, July-August 2012.
- Participated in the University of Central Florida’s Graduate Research Forum, 2012-Won Best in Category for Fine Arts and Humanities with “Community Outreach through Digital Marketing for the Sanford Student Museum.”
- Assisted in the creation of Friends of the Student Museum for the Sanford Student Museum, Sanford, FL, Fall 2011.
- Creator of Omeka-based website for the Friends of the Student Museum for Sanford Student Museum, Fall 2011.
- Volunteer at Museum of Seminole County History, Sanford, FL, Summer 2011.
- Certified substitute teacher for Seminole County Public Schools 2011-2013
Awards and Honors
- Provost Dissertation Completion Award, George Mason University, 2015.
- Scholarship- Digital History Summer Institute, University of Victoria, 2014.
- Graduate Student Travel Funding, George Mason University, Graduate and Professional Student Association, 2014.
- Travel Funding, George Mason University, Department of History and Art History, 2014.
- Digital History Fellowship, George Mason University, 2013-2015.
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship, 2012-2013.
- Best in Category for Fine Arts and Humanities in Graduate Research Forum- “Community Outreach through Digital Marketing for the Sanford Student Museum”, University of Central Florida, April 2012.
- Certificate of Award for work on “Long History of the African American Civil Rights Movement in Florida” from Harry T. and Harriette V. Moore Cultural Complex and the City of Mims, FL, August 2012.
- Award of Appreciation for work on “Long History of the African American Civil Rights Movement in Florida” from Harry T. and Harriette V. Moore Cultural Complex, April 2012.
- Connecting Your Past and Future, National Museum of American History, October 30, 2015.
- The Technology and Humanities Camp, Orlando, FL, Februrary, 2012.
- RICHES Oral History Workshop-University of Central Florida, January 2012.
- Phi Alpha Theta, 2012-present
- American Historical Association, 2012-present
- National Council on Public History, 2011-present
- The Society for the History of Technology, 2011-present